- To grief is to understand the meaning of the our loss to us. We need to know what we are saying goodbye to before we can really say goodbye to end the depression.
- You cannot move forward with your life without grieving your loss.
- Finding a substitute is just short-circuiting the grieving process. By substituting you are holding onto your loss and the depression can never end.
- We create unnecessary losses by not adjusting our values from previous depressions.
- After all the psychological issues are sorted out, what we are left with are theological issues. There is no solution and hope except to submit to God’s sovereignty.
- We do not need cheap “bible verse” comfort, but we need to process our losses with biblical truth.
- Reactive depression is a tool for self-growth. We learn more from depression than from success.
- In the digital revolution, change is coming not just to how we counsel, but what and who we counsel.
- Facebook Depression is already a proper diagnosis.
- Texting has a reward reinforcement pattern in our brain similar to slot machine.
- We believe that we are good at multitasking. Scientific studies show that we are not (35% worse performance when multitasking).
- Multitasking improves our feeling (it makes you feel capable), but destroys our productivity.
- Multitasking is an addiction.
- The brain is not designed for multitasking. Period.
- When multitasking, we are using the more pleasant tasks to help us sustain the less desirable tasks. This is not helpful in our character development.
- We are distracting ourselves to death.
- We are taught to value multitasking because it creates more business.
- Two-thirds of US undergrads now score 30% higher on the Narcissistic Personality Inventory.
- Instead of using the Web to learn about the wide world, the young use it to gossip about each other and follow pop culture.
- Students now are using drugs like Adderall (for treating ADHD) as neuro-cosmetic to compensate for their loss of intelligence and attention due to their digital lifestyle. This is crazy.
source blog : 雜崩能閱讀報告